Purchase includes 4 files:
- Audio/Video recording of three 2-hour sessions,
- Supplemental materials: Course notes and Tip Sheets
Registrants will be able to download book and stream session files immediately after payment is processed.
Facilitating Remote and Online Meetings – Essential Success Skills provides a practical model and extensive toolkit for designing and facilitating online meetings.
This course offers specific strategies you can use immediately to create a participatory environment where all attendees are providing ideas, remaining engaged, and contributing to the meeting’s success. Attendees will learn how to merge their existing facilitation skills with online technology to manage meetings effectively even when you cannot get people together in the same room.
If you have a geographically dispersed audience but need greater collaboration and teamwork, this course is for you.
If your job is facilitating groups but travel problems get in the way, this course is for you.
If you already have a lot of online meetings but are not satisfied with their productivity, this course is for you.
All attendees will receive prepared material, demonstrations of online facilitation techniques and tools, and access to resources you can use after the course.
At the end of this course you will be able to,
- Design and implement a facilitation that is appropriate for the online environment.
- Pick and use the online meeting support tools that are a best fit for the purpose of your meeting.
- Manage the group discussion and teamwork to ensure forward momentum to arrive at a definitive closure.
- Manage participation to keep everyone engaged and ‘on task’.
Why Take This Course?
This webinar will equip you with knowledge and tools for creating and facilitating online meetings to share information, evaluate options, or decide something. You will learn how to tackle some of these common challenges:
- Adapt face-to-face techniques with appropriate online techniques and technology.
- Keeping remote participants engaged.
- Minimizing distractions and multi-tasking.
- Collecting feedback from remote participants.
- Managing people when you can’t see non-verbal cues.
- Bringing the online meeting to closure and getting a clear decision.
For additional information, see these articles by instructor Michael Fraidenburg:
Good Practices for Interactive Online Meetings, Tips for Successful Online Facilitation, Getting Meetings Off to a Good Start
Attendees will receive a PDF of workshop proceedings and reference material.
This course is designed for:
- Facilitators who need to add online meeting facilitation to their tool kit
- Professionals who lead meetings in which all or a portion of the participants are offsite
- Trainers who need to get everyone ‘on the same page’
- Supervisors, managers, and project managers responsible for teamwork when the team can’t work at the same location